Effective 1 January 2018, our grading fees and charges are :
1. Sheldon Scale Grading (1 to 70 scale) for Malaysia and World Banknotes : MYR45 / US$12.00 per piece.
2. Sheldon Scale Grading (1 to 70 scale) for Error Banknotes : MYR60 / US$15.00 per piece.
3. For error notes evaluated and NOT encapsulated, a service fee of MYR25 / US$7.00 per piece is applicable
4. For submission batches of less than 10 pieces (i.e. if you submit 1 to 9 pieces), a service and handling
charge of MYR20 / US$5.00 is applicable. There will be no service charge for 10 pieces and above.
These fees are base on each banknote to be graded, NOT the catalog or market value of the banknote.
Payment may be made via PayPal or direct bank transfer to our Maybank account.
Our fees cover these 4 service areas :
Easy & Affordable
the identity and origins of the bankote is ascertained, key facts such as country, year or date of issue, signatures on the banknote, distinctive features such as commemoratives, replacements, errors are documented. References and checks will be made with the relevant paper money catalogs and/or experts from our network may be consulted.
a close examination of the banknote is carried out under the right lighting condition (UV light included) to identify creases, folds, rounded corners. High resolution scans of the banknote may be done to provide better visuals and close ups. In certain instances, streoscopic microscope may be used. This task is performed by our in-house, qualified numismatist who currently holds a Dipolma in Numismatics from the USA.
the production of the banknote label on acid free paper with a permanence rating of up to 200 years. The tag is then inserted and aligned in the plastic holder.
the service is completed with encasing the banknote with a permanent seal, along with the label, packed into musuem quality, rigid plastic sleeve (Mylar or equivalent) to preserve its integrity.
What is NOT covered
Service integrity is important to us, as such we are duty bound to inform you that the following items is *NOT* included in our service fees :
1. Cost of Postage (to us) - you will need to send the banknotes to us to be graded but the cost of postage depends on where you are sending them from. Our office is based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. You will need to ask you local post office for the cost. If you are a local, you can drop them off at our place in Amcorp Mall on Sundays or contact us for an appointment.
2. Cost of Return Postage (back to you) - Once the grading is complete, we will mail the items back to you. Once we know your full address, we will be able to quote your the cost of delivery to you. We DO NOT markup postage cost al all. We will include the cost of postage in our final price quotation to you. If you wish, you may also collect them personally from us.
3. Insurance (to & from) - the risk of loss during delivery is always there, we strongly recommend that our customers insure the contents of the items sent. The cost of insurance is dependent on the estimated value of the items, you local courier or postage service may provide such service. We will insure the package at the same value when we send them back to you. The cost to insuring the return postage will be stated in our quotation.